Friday 17 October 2014

Sakura Bloom 'Classic' Ring Sling Review



It's always pretty exciting when a brand you love and trust comes out with something new (or new-ish by now, since I did originally start this post less than weeks after they came out!). As beautiful as the new Fall color releases from Sakura Bloom are, I was even more excited when the announced that they were changing from Irish linen to a stronger Belgian linen that was supposed to be even more supportive than their former slings. I absolutely love my single layer Pure slings from Sakura Bloom so I wanted to see what these new Classic slings were all about. Being pregnant with a growing toddler, my Pure sling just hasn't been cutting it for long time use lately and although a silk sling was on the way, we babywear so much in our daily lives that even a few days without some proper support was a pain (mostly in the back, but some in the hips too!). So I was super excited to get my hands on a Classic sling for a few days while my silk made it's way here to us. 



If you have read my other reviews or if you follow me on Instagram then you know that our Sakura Bloom slings are easily our most used carrier. We have a few others, but nothing is as portable or as quick to use as a ring sling -- especially in pregnancy! My buckle carriers just don't seem to fit the same anymore, and I'm sure the 27 week bump has something to do with it! We use our sling for everything, whether we're shopping downtown, taking a walk or doing housework. And while our Pure slings have gotten us this far, we definitely needed something more supportive for the long time wear.


The Fall colors are all what you would expect of Sakura Bloom -- beautiful evergreens, warm browns and shining blues. The Classic color port, which Emmy and I are wearing, is a brilliant autumn purple, which automatically finished off my outfit with a pop of color. That's one thing I love about ring slings -- they're an awesome statement to throw on with any outfit, making me feel almost-kind-of-classy when I go to the grocery store in sweatpants.


We went on a walk by the waterfront for a good forty minutes, but I immediately found the Classic sling to be so much more supportive than my Pure! Just like the Irish linens used for the Pures and Essentials, the Belgian linen for the new Classic and double layer Chambray lines are antibacterial, naturally breathable and they only grow softer every time. But when it comes to stability, the Classic was the perfect inbetween for a Pure and an Essential, so I completely understand why Sakura Bloom has made the move towards Belgian linen! I was very happy toting around my toddler for our walk and even happier to know there is definitely a difference between a Pure and a Classic. I don't think it would be noticed with a smaller babe, say under 15 pounds, but I won't really know until a few more months for now!


There was a price raise by $10 for the new Classic slings but I have found my sling so worth every dollar that it didn't turn me away. I frequently see many mothers on social sites who want to try out Sakura Bloom slings and have complained about the price which is understandable. We as mothers are all looking to save a buck or two -- or ten. Sakura Bloom's fanbase is only growing bigger and bigger and if you can't afford a new sling, you can purchase a used one! Used slings are usually pretty broken in which saves you some time, and you can often find retired colors from Sakura Bloom's past collections. Check out the Sakura Bloom BST on Facebook if you're searching for a new-to-you sling!


All in all I was glad to know there is an actual difference between a Pure and a Classic sling, and that the Belgian linen is not only more supportive but has a stronger and more dense weave. Sakura Bloom slings can hold babes up to 35 pounds and I know some mamas who wear their toddlers in a Pure no problem (power to you, mamas!!!). I would recommend a Classic for everyday use up to 20 pounds and for sometime use up to 25. Anything bigger and a silk or Chambray will be your BFF -- hopefully those reviews will be up sooner rather than later!

Have you been able to try out a Sakura Bloom Classic sling yet? If so, what do you think of the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loa